- This workshop has passed.
SPECIAL WORKSHOP: How will the new SECURE Act affect your IRA and estate plan?
January 22 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL
The SECURE Act, which became effective January 1, 2020, is the most important legislation affecting retirement accounts in decades and dramatically changes how you will deal with your IRA and estate plan. You must understand how the new law impacts both your IRA planning and your estate planning (that is, your Trust, Will and beneficiary designations).
Certified Elder Law Attorney Glenn Matecun is conductor these workshops to provide step-by-step guidance to teach you about the new law and how it will affect your retirement accounts and estate planning. These workshops will provide solid planning strategies and guidance for everyone with an IRA or other retirement account.
All of your questions will be answered, including:
- What are the biggest changes in how retirement accounts are treated after the new law?
- How does the SECURE Act affect my estate plan and what can I do about it now?
- What is the new Ten Year Stretch Rule and how does it affect me and my beneficiaries?
- Do I need to amend my current estate plan?
- What are the best new planning strategies for me and my family?
- What happens if I name my trust as the beneficiary of my IRA?
- Who should (and who should not!) convert to a ROTH IRA after the SECURE Act?
- How does the new law affect the required beginning date for required minimum distributions (RMDs)?
- What are the new age restrictions for contributions to qualified retirement accounts?
- When should I (and when should I not!) consider a spousal rollover?
- And much more . . .