Buying or selling a home is one of the most significant financial decisions you will make in your lifetime. Our primary goal in this area of the law is to protect your interests. We will walk you through the process step-by-step, from evaluating the initial offer, property inspection and title work to drawing up the closing documents and managing the closing meeting itself. We also handle residential leases and landlord/tenant disputes.
We have significant experience in all of the following areas:
- Preparing and reviewing purchase and sales agreements
- Assisting with the preparation of documents required by Michigan law, including the Michigan Sellers’ Disclosure Statement and the Lead-Based Paint Disclosure
- Advising on home inspection issues
- Reviewing title work and closing documents
- Ensuring all documents at closing are properly executed and delivered
- Negotiating short sales for any Michigan property
- Negotiating a “deed in lieu of foreclosure” for any Michigan property
- Defending against foreclosures in Michigan (including illegal “MERS” foreclosures)
- Preparing and submitting mortgage modification proposals to local and national lenders
- Handling landlord/tenant disputes in Michigan courts
Commercial Real Estate
Commercial property deals involve a wide range of issues. For commercial leases, you are generally signing a lease that lasts three years or more, and many times you are asked to sign a personal guaranty, which may put your family’s personal assets at risk. Some leases run as long as 30, 40, 50 pages or more, and it is astounding how many people simply sign these complex documents without having them reviewed by an experienced real estate attorney. This often leads to major problems down the road because commercial leases are not subject to many of the Michigan consumer protection laws and other legal safeguards that cover residential leases.
We handle all of the following commercial real estate matters and more:
- Drafting and reviewing commercial leases
- Negotiating leases for lessors and lessees
- Drafting and reviewing purchase and sales agreements
- Providing legal representation for commercial loan workouts for lenders and borrowers
Contact us today to discuss your particular commercial real estate matter. We are here to protect your interests, rights and assets.